The pro audio guitar & bass platform.
- Create authentic, incredibly realistic sounds exactly like you would in a high-end studio filled with carefully selected gear
- Load officially licensed studio effects from Tube-Tech, Empirical Labs, and Trident, amps and cabs from Marshall and more
- Flexible and inspiring: mix and match modules, split signal chains and achieve the exact sound you hear in your head
- Upgrade from legacy Amp Room plug-ins and Volume Plug-in Collection.
Designed by Experts, Built on Legacy
We have a long history of modeling professional gear in collaboration with some brands like Marshall, Tube-Tech, Solid State Logic, Chandler Limited, Empirical Labs, Trident, Weiss Engineering, and others. After two decades, our track record of recreating indisputable classics in software form that sound precisely like their hardware counterparts is solid.
Amp Room is built on this legacy. We took the same meticulous approach taken when we modeled legendary hardware used by, say, The Beatles. The amps and cabs included with Amp Room are precisely emulated, A/B tested, and fine-tuned to sound just like the original. Or, in terms of clarity, even better. Nothing less, always more.
"At first I was afraid of too many possibilities… but ten seconds in I found it so easy to navigate and change cabs, amps, pedals etc. that all my concerns were put to rest. And all of it in pristine quality. My old fave Metal Amp Room is in there but sounding better and with more possibilities, plus so many more. And the presets... I will never get through all of them… But it's great to take a few days off to just try to get through them."
Producer/Mixer (The Haunted, Sick Of It All, Meshuggah, Heaven Shall Burn, Dir En Grey, Babymetal, Moonspell, Halford, At The Gates, Black Dahlia Murder, August Burns Red)
IR Producer Packs
Amp Room's LoadIR comes pre-filled with IR Producer Packs from well-known studios, engineers, producers, and guitar players to give you immaculate sound and immediate results. For the perfect classic amp combo sounds, try the favored cab and mic setups of Vilma Colling, the in-house engineer at the renowned studio Riksmixningsverket. Or go metal with tones that range from modern to classic in packs from producer & mixer Tue Madsen and producer Kristian "Kohle" Kohlmannslehner. For giant, modern-sounding metal and classical tones, opt for producer & engineer David Gnozzi's pack, which features Madonna and Ministry guitarist Monte Pittman, his prized Emperor 1x15 cab, and a Marshall Anniversary 4x12. Or access Monte Pittman’s own IR pack for even more mixes made with the Emperor cab.
What’s new in Amp Room?
Five included IR Producer Packs—no download required:
- modern metal tones from producer Kristian “Kohle" Kohlmannslehner’s Bogren Digital collection “Rainbows & Chainsaws,”
- classic and modern metal tones from producer/mixer Tue Madsen’s upcoming Bogren Digital IR pack,
- vintage and classic combo sounds from Vilma Colling, in-house engineer for studio Riksmixningsverket,
- huge-sounding classic and metal tones from engineer/producer David Gnozzi,
- and massive rock tones from guitarist Monte Pittman (Madonna, Ministry).
Two new pedals: Bass Octave and Integrated Preamplifier, based on the highly prized originals.
Automatic Phase Align: ensures imported IRs, Softube factory IRs, and Softube cabinets always sound in phase with each other.
Pro workflow with unlimited possibilities
Amp Room allows you to recreate a professional studio workflow and surpass it. Have as many parallel signal paths as you need, split paths, or load Amp Room-ready plug-ins as modules anywhere you see fit. Happy with how your patch sounds but want to try it with another cabinet or pedal? Use Multistates to compare various settings in a snap.
Get started with 300 factory presets, then add modules to fine-tune and tweak the sound. Or start from scratch and build the sound you hear in your head. Either way, it’s going to sound extraordinary.
"It’s really cool to see and use Amp Room as a finished product after having been part of the project during the very early stages of development. We put a lot of effort into the recording of the 'revisited cabs', and the IRs used in the Room IR module are actually one of my 'secret weapons' for making a guitar sound great! Well, 'was' a secret weapon, I guess... it’s now all out there for everyone to use haha But honestly, Amp Room can really make your guitar or bass sound great. Almost more 'real' than the real thing!"
Producer (Behemoth, Meshuggah, In Flames)
Load plug-ins as modules & more
Amp Room is an ever-evolving platform with a wide selection of compatible premium, pro audio studio gear that you can load as modules. Beyond amplifiers and cabinets, you can load compressors and equalizers, like Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp, Tube-Tech CL 1B, Trident A-Range, Softube Tape, and Tape Echoes. And we are regularly adding new Amp Room-ready plug-ins to boost your creative options.
Priority one: sound quality
Designed for the music production professional, Amp Room elevates sound from good to flat-out stunning. With only the best studio gear curated as modules, Amp Room is like being in a high-end studio using a real amplifier with a miked-up speaker cabinet and the ability to patch in studio effects anywhere in the chain.
Authentically modeled Marshall gear
We have been emulating guitar amps since day one. Our first-ever prototype was a hardware DSP box running a Marshall amp model and a loudspeaker model. That got the attention of Marshall. And it led to a successful long-term partnership with the company and Softube becoming Marshall's exclusive software partner. Amp Room comes with the only amps and cabs available in software form that are officially licensed and endorsed by Marshall.
- The professional audio guitar and bass platform, with studio-quality, record-ready sound
- Built on Softube's legacy of careful component modeling
- Recreate signal chains like you would in a real session or go creative with patches that would be impossible in a physical studio
- Includes carefully selected and precisely modeled amplifiers, cabs, pedals, studio FX, and more
- Includes American Class A as two separate modules: compressor and equalizer
- Featuring several included IR Producer Packs for well-known artists
- LoadIR’s Automatic Phase Align feature makes sure you’re never out of phase
- Compatible with Softube pro audio mixing plug-ins like Tape Echoes, Empirical Labs Mike-E Comp, Tube-Tech CL 1B Mk II, Tape, Trident A-Range, Model 72 Synthesizer System, Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer, and more
- Officially endorsed Marshall amps and cabs. Get Amp Room and even more Marshall amps and cabs with Amp Room: Marshall Edition.
- 9 Amplifiers
- 6 Guitar Amplifiers - 2 Bass Amplifiers - 1 Custom Bass DI channel strip
- 16 Cabinets
- 15 Pedals
- 3 Studio Effects
- 8 Utility Tools
- 300 Presets covering a wide variety of styles and genres.
- macOS Big Sur 11, Monterey 12, Ventura 13
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)