A ground-up remake of an eternal favorite.
- A meticulous remodel of the most-used analog compressor—including the iconic All-buttons-in mode
- Added features such as new ratios, two different drives, parallel compression, and detector filtering
- Great for giving vocals, snares, kick drums, guitars, and more the brazen, in-your-face attitude of the ‘60s original
Launched as the "fastest compressor in the world" with a 20-microsecond attack time, the classic hardware we modeled FET Compressor Mk II on is exceedingly popular and heard on countless hit recordings. With a FET gain reduction stage, Class A solid-state amplifiers, input and output transformers, beloved aggression, and tasty distortion, it's easy to see why.
Our FET Compressor Mk II keeps that original sound and character while supporting a DAW-based workflow. There may be more than 1176 emulations of this compressor on the market, but only our meticulously remodeled FET Compressor Mk II features Softube sound quality, extra features, and added control.
Designed by Experts, Built on Legacy
We have been emulating professional audio gear for two decades. With partnerships with premium brands like Tube-Tech, Solid State Logic, Chandler Limited, and Marshall Amplification, we have a strong record of accurately recreating analog standards in software form.
FET Compressor Mk II builds on this legacy, delivering nothing less than the same classic character as the original hardware, superior sound quality, and added modern features.
The glow up
FET Compressor Mk II gives you the lightning-quick, in-your-face character of the hardware, plus more modern features for a DAW-based workflow. You can use the two different drives, FET and transformer, together or separately. Dry/Wet and a Sidechain section deliver more control and increased usability for mixing and mastering. With Stereo Link, you can toggle from Stereo Linked mode, with linked Left and Right gain reduction, to Unlinked Dual Mono for independent gain reduction for Left and Right channels. The High Frequency Make-up feature allows you to offset the minor loss of higher frequencies when compressing sound sources as varied as vocals, snares, kick drums, guitars, and more.
- A complete and expertly executed remodel of one of the most popular analog compressors in the world
- Perfect for vocals, drums, and other sources that require considerable compression
- Added modern features, such as Drive, Stereo Link, a Sidechain section, a High Frequency Make-up feature, and Dry/Wet
- Authentically modeled All-buttons-in mode, or British mode
- Console 1-ready
- Included in Icons: The Compressor Collection
Console 1 Ready
This plug-in can be used within Console 1, our mixing system.
This product supports Extended Features
We love VU meters, Bakelite knobs, and analog quirks. But we want modern precision and workflow. The answer? Softube Extended Features.Easy-access panels with the innovations you need close at hand.
- macOS Big Sur 11, Monterey 12, Ventura 13
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11
- Softube account
- iLok account
- Computer with AU, VST, VST3 and/or AAX compatible DAW host software
- Internet access (for downloading installers and managing licenses)